The eligibility criteria for admission to Anna University vary depending on the course you want to apply for. Here are the general eligibility criteria for UG and PG courses:
- The candidate must have passed the Higher Secondary Examination (HSE) or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- The candidate must have scored a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in HSE (45% for SC/ST candidates).
- The candidate must have passed the TNEA entrance exam (for some courses).
- The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks (45% for SC/ST candidates).
- The candidate must have passed the TANCET entrance exam.
In addition to the general eligibility criteria, there are also some specific eligibility criteria for certain courses. For example, the eligibility criteria for the B.Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering course is that the candidate must have scored a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in HSE.
You can find the detailed eligibility criteria for all the courses offered by Anna University on the university’s website.
Here are some additional eligibility criteria for non-Tamilian candidates:
- Non-Tamilian candidates must have passed the Tamil language test conducted by Anna University.
- Non-Tamilian candidates must have a valid visa and residence permit for India.