There are a few factors that make IGNOU’s course content challenging:
- The syllabus is comprehensive and detailed. IGNOU courses cover a wide range of topics, and the syllabus is designed to provide students with a thorough understanding of the subject matter. This can make the content challenging for students who are not used to self-study or who are not familiar with the subject area.
- The evaluation is strict. IGNOU exams are marked by a panel of experts, and the marking scheme is designed to assess students’ knowledge and understanding of the course material. This can make it difficult to score well in the exams, even if you have a good understanding of the subject.
- There is no classroom support. IGNOU is a distance learning university, so there are no formal classes or lectures. This means that students are responsible for their own learning and must be motivated and disciplined to study independently.
- The study material is not always up-to-date. IGNOU’s study material is regularly updated, but it can sometimes take a few years for new editions to be published. This can be a challenge for students who are studying subjects that are constantly evolving, such as technology or science.
In addition to these factors, IGNOU also has a high dropout rate, which suggests that the course content is not easy for everyone to master. However, it is important to remember that IGNOU is a respected university that offers high-quality education. If you are willing to put in the hard work, you can earn a valuable degree from IGNOU.
Here are some tips for succeeding in IGNOU:
- Start early and study regularly. The syllabus is comprehensive, so it is important to start studying early and to set aside time each week to review the material.
- Join a study group or forum. Studying with other students can help you stay motivated and can provide you with support and feedback.
- Use the library and other resources. IGNOU has a library with a wide range of resources, including books, journals, and online databases. You can also use the library of your local college or university.
- Practice writing assignments and answering questions. The exams are designed to assess your knowledge and understanding of the course material. Practicing writing assignments and answering questions will help you develop the skills you need to succeed in the exams.
- Don’t give up. IGNOU can be challenging, but it is possible to succeed if you are willing to put in the hard work. Don’t give up if you don’t do well on your first exam. Just keep studying and practicing, and you will eventually succeed.